The church was originally built in gothic architecture, and later in the 16th century, fortified to fit the defensive requirements at the time. The outer wall was also constructed during fortification of the church. Although much of the altar inside was crafted 19th century and later build in, there is still some reminisce of this late gothic altar in the city parish church in Sibiu. The organ is dated to the year of 1800.
Simona Seciu +40 (0) 728 371 762
The belltower was originally constructed in the 14th century, but later modified for hardships during the 16th century. Also the roof was constructed during this preparation. After a recent renovation, the clock of the belltower functions properly again.
Because of the middleship's destruction by the szeklarian troops, it was later rebuilt in different architecture from 1795 to 1797.
The altar that can currently be seen in the church was manufactured in 1854. The previous one was likely damaged.
The pulpit was put there in 1796 and later gold plated in 1857 and 1858.
The organ that is currently installed, is from the year 1800, although there was a previous one from around 1763.
One bell is from 1550 and the other one from 1936.
The outer wall was constructed in the 16th century and about 3-4 meters in height. There was also a drop gate.
There used to be two more towers at the outer wall. One in the north-east and one in the south-west. They were demolished in the 19th century.
|First mention of Copsa mare as a community that is part of the Medias chapter.
|War with neighboring Malmkrog about territory.
|Copsa mare is a free community as direct vassal of the hungarian king.
|The community denies succession to a young count. Because he cannot proof his legitimacy before court, Copsa mare becomes independent of any lord.
|The community of Copsa mare counts some 126 families.
|The village is plundered by szeklarian troops of the duke Steffan Bocskai.