The present church was built in the 14th century in Gothic style. Perhaps there was already a church on the same site before that, which was demolished. It can be assumed that the tower is the oldest part of the present fortified church, as the hall and choir were built next to it, from both sides, which is very rare in Transylvania. Nowadays, the church is in very good condition, and definitely worth a visit.
Mr. Ladislau Ciocan +40/749/680 770
The baroque altar is from the year 1777. The paintings were made by Stephan Valepagi. On the main frame there is the crucifixion of Jesus Christ, with Johannes and Maria.
Sacred figures are painted on the pulpit's brustice.
An organ was built in 1777 by Johannes Hann for the church. The modern organ was built in the old housing in 1926.
The large bell was cast in 1699 and has Latin inscriptions.
The church was fortified in the 15th century. The ring wall and the gate tower were also built at this time. This used to have a portcullis.
|Construction of the Gothic church.
|Axente Sever is domain to the noble family of Apafi.
|Defense of the church.
|There are 61 families, 2 shepherds and a miller in the village.
|There are 84 families living in the village now.
|Legal feud between Axente Sever and Copșa Mică, that is resolved in favor of Axente Sever.