Fortified Church Buneşti

Taufbecken

In the choir there is a stone baptismal font with the date 1658.

organ

The organ is built in 1805 together with the altar an organ.

Galleries

In the 17th and 18th centuries, two-story galleries are sometimes built on wooden trestles against the walls of the church hall.

Defense wall

The church is surrounded by an irregular polygonal curtain wall, which has a fortified gate tower in the southwest. Other four towers placed in front of the wall reinforce the buttress-supported 1.5 m thick ring wall. At the beginning of the 17th century, a kennel with three rectilinear walls was added to the south of the ring wall.

History

1280-1320 At the end of the 13th and beginning of the 14th century, a three-nave pier-arcaded basilica was built in the transitional style from Romanesque to Gothic with a barrel-vaulted sacristy on the north side.
1337 Johanne et Petro filiis Stephani de Boda" are mentioned in court proceedings. This is the first documentary mention of Bunești, which was then a free parish of the see of Sighișoara.
1356 From the church in Buneşti are stolen documents of a count Jacob.
1356 The church is first mentioned in a document from Buneşti.
1500 In the village live 68 families, a schoolmaster, 3 shepherds and 5 poor people.
1500 The church is rebuilt fortified.
1505-1508 Buneşti receives several times tax rebate for the church construction.
1538-1545 Buneşti is supported on the part of the Sibiu Province for construction works.
1663 Prince Apafi's courtiers and 300 Turks take up quarters in Buneşti and the surrounding villages. In the same year the village is plundered by the Moldavian prince.
1819 The half-timbered battlement above the nave and the tower is demolished.
1847 The tower is built in its present neo-Gothic form.
1884 A picture of decay and discord is presented by the village on the occasion of a general church visitation by the bishop.