In 1305 Mălâncrav was mentioned for the first time. In contrast to most of the Saxon villages of Transylvania the place is owned by the Hungarian noble family Apafi at this time and does not belong to the free royal ground. In the middle of the 18th century, Protestants and Catholics lived in a good neighborhood in Mălâncrav. After serfdom ended in 1865 the villagers demolished large parts of Mălâncrav and built new stone houses.
The evangelical church from Nou Sasesc is a "well-aged" historical monument, which has certainly managed to preserve its authenticity and beauty over time.Read More