The Hungarian village of Grânari was founded in 1289 at the source of the Great Valley River. In the early 1400s, the village was owned by several nobles who, in addition to people and property, lost their titles in a fire. Ownership was later reconfirmed by the Hungarian king. The German name of the village "Mukkendorf" is first mentioned in 1461. Today, the small village is a Hungarian exclave and is home to a wooden Orthodox church as well as a Hungarian Reformed church.