Fortified church Netuș

Early gothic

Numerous Gothic details have been preserved in the choir, windows with tracery, consoles, vault ribs, a keystone, a sacramental niche with quatrefoil tracery.

Altar and pulpit

Altar and pulpit form a unit, Neuts has a walk-in altar created by Johann Folbarth in 1770. In the center of the altar is the pulpit basket, behind which stands a crucifix. To the right and left of it are Corinthian columns and baroque decoration. Above is a picture of the Resurrection, flanked by baroque decoration, above everything we see the eye of God.

Fortifications

The church is surrounded by a polygonal curtain wall, parts of it can be seen still today. In the south of the church is the gate tower, which has a barrel-vaulted entrance on the ground floor. The tower was protected by a portcullis. There are some grain chests on the upper floors of the tower.

History

1300 - 1400 Construction of a Gothic hall church, from which a lot of details can be seen until today.
1309 First documented mention of Netuș. Among the six pastors of the Kisder chapter is also pastor Jacobus from Netus. They are mentioned in connection with the tithing process of several Saxon chapters against the bishop of Alba Iulia.
1448 An indulgence is granted to the church in Netus.
1450 - 1500 The star network vault in the interior is created
1500 Netus is a free municipality of the Sighișoara see, in which 30 families and 2 shepherds live. In the village there is a school, a mill and a desert farm.
1500 The church is rebuilt for protection. Fortification towers are built over the choir and over the west facade of the church.
1926 Completion of the community center.

Places in the surroundings