The first building is an ealy-13th century Romanesque basilica; the choir with a 3/6 apse was built at the end of the same century. The west portal and the gemel windows in the bell tower belong to the first construction period, while details in the choir remind of the Cistercian Gothic of the Cârţa Abbey.
Primary Cricău +40/258/845/019
Portalul vestic al bazilicii romanice există încă. Aceasta a fost descoperită și consolidată în 1966-1968,
The twin windows in the tower are from the Romanesque construction phase. The year "1572" next to the window does not refer to the windows but to a later renovation. The windows are probably three centuries older.
The church is surrounded by an oval stone ring wall, 1.3 m thick. In the northeast there are remains of a round tower and in the northwest the foundation walls of a square gate tower.
|100-300||Stones with Roman inscriptions were used in the construction of the church.|
|1206||King Andreas II issues a certificate for the "first guests" from the three villages of Cricău, Ighiu and Romos, in which he assures them of special freedoms: they are freed from foreign jurisdiction, are to follow the customs of the The people live and are not obliged to serve the voivodes. They are exempt from all taxes, including guard duty at the borders of the country. They are only obliged to follow the army if the king goes to war outside the empire. In this document appears for the first time the term "Saxones".|
|1241||After the Mongol invasion of 1241, the church received a 3/6 east choir.|
|1250-1300||Construction of a three-nave Romanesque basilica.|
|1265||King Stephen the Younger, having learned about the oppression of the inhabitants of Cricău and Ighiu by the voivodes, confirms the privileges granted by his predecessors.|
|1334||Cricău has 188 hearths, and the pleban Paulus pays the papal tax collector 3 silver marks.|
|1439||In the course of time, the inhabitants of Cricău became serfs of the Alba Iulia bishopric.|
|1848||A large part of the Hungarian population perishes in the revolutionary actions.|
|1968||During the renovation of the church a stone with the names "Ulricus" and "Maria" was uncovered.|