Bethlen Castel

History

1305 Criș first appears in a document in a partition agreement, in which it is owned, together with other villages, by the noble Apafi family. A progenitor of this Hungarian noble family is a daughter of the Saxon Count Cheel von Kelling.
1340 The Provincial Assembly of the Seven Chairs recognizes the property rights of the Apafi descendants to Kreisch and five other villages.
1665-1680 Disputes between the landlord Alexius Bethlen and the evangelical bishop about the appointment of a rector in the village.
1848 Hussars were billeted in the castle during the course of the war in the year of the revolution. The serfs from Cris prevent the plundering of the castle.
1859 A conflagration destroys 4/5 of the village.

Places in the surroundings