Fortified Church Boz

Baroque altar

In the chancel there is a baroque altar, the main picture of which shows the Crucifixion.

Organ

In 1880 an organ by Wilhelm Hörbiger from Sibiu was installed in the church.

Ring wall

At a distance of 4-7 m, the church is surrounded by a curtain wall. In the north of the church there is a bastion-like building with two floors and a wooden walkway. This building was also used as an apartment. A clock was placed on the north side at the height of the battlement in 1762. The inscription "Maria Micó extrui curavit 1762" is preserved under the cornice. The school used to be housed in the bastion.

History

1291-1295 First mention of the village. Boz is a submissive community.
1523 In the chancel is the date 1523, which marks the completion of construction. The church is built of bricks and has features of late Gothic.
1762 A clock was placed on the north side at the height of the battlement in 1762.
1766 It is reported about numerous services that must be rendered to the landlord.
1784 Riots related to the peasant revolt of Horia.
1909 A noble estate is acquired by the Transylvanian association bank, parceled out and allocated to settlers.