Fortified Church Dobârca

Altar

The original altar was from 1629, Bishop Teutsch states in 1875 that there is a "defaced winged altar" in the church. The old pictures of the altar have been pasted over with canvas pictures. The altar is given to the city parish church in Sibiu and has been kept there ever since. A new altar is erected in 1903. The pictures are painted by "Szerdotz". The central panel shows Christ on the Mount of Olives, next to it are the statues of Peter and Paul.

Tombstone

In the northern wall of the choir there is a tombstone of the priest Andreas Zeck from Dobârca, who died in 1685, on which the priest is depicted in a gown. The tombstone was made by the sculptor Sigismund Möss from Sibiu.

Organ

The organ is a work of the Rieger company from Jägerndorf / Krnov in Silesia and was installed in 1898. The mechanical instrument with pedal, manual and ten registers has a neo-Gothic organ case.

Keep

The slender Romanesque bell tower is encased around 1500 with a second tower enclosing the old tower at a distance of 2.2 m. The keep that was created in this way receives Bretèches in all four directions. The access to the tower is from the south and could be closed by a portcullis, of which the sliding channels have been preserved. The corridor between the old and new tower is crossed over with a barrel vault.

History

1200-1300 Construction of a three-aisled, Romanesque pillar arcade basilica with a slender Romanesque bell tower in the west with a tower gallery.
1309 First documented mention of the place. A pastor Johann from "Dobrica" ​​is mentioned.
1330 Pleban "John de Duburca" is the parish priest of the Sebes Deanery.
1481 Reconstruction of the Romanesque basilica into a Gothic hall church.
1500 In Dobârca ("Doborcka") live 61 families, 4 poor people and a schoolmaster, 4 farms are deserted. "
1500 The church and bell tower are fortified.
1500 The ring wall around the church is built.
1515 Completion of the Gothic hall church.
1532 Dobraka" is a municipality of the Miercura SIbiului chair and is inhabited by 80 families.
1599 During Michael the Brave's campaign through Transylvania, the church is burned down.
1658 The village is set on fire by the Turkish army.
1675 A woman from Dobârca is burned as a witch in Sibiu.
1689 The pastors of the communities of Apoldu de sus, Garbova and Dobârca describe the sad situation of the whole area, due to high taxes which has led to the communities Apoldu de Jos and Logdes being depopulated and the other communities also "tend to flee".
1705 The village is plundered by imperial troops.
1800 A hexagonal tower and parts of the wall are demolished.
1867-1872 Restoration of the church. There are the following inscriptions: "This house, sanctified to the Triune God, was initially laid out from the ground in the year of our Savior Jesus Christ 1481, built in a perfect temple in 1515, burned in the Voivodian riots in 1599, improved on the dilapidated vault in 1631, renewed in 1741 to glorify the glory of God, in 1867-1872 the interior was renovated."
2017 The choir roof of the fortified church collapses, the fortified church falls into disrepair. During a visit, it is discovered that the fortified church has been looted.
2019 A rescue operation is aborted when building materials are stolen.